Damn, y’all. A whole week in the books, and I’m kind of liking this new way of eating. I had to laugh this morning because I woke up and realized that I’d dreamt of popping a bite of brownie (or maybe it was danish or crumb cake or something, can’t remember) into my mouth, immediately realized what I’d done, and spit it out. GUYS, I’M DOING WHOLE30 IN MY DREAMS. Do you even know how much improbable, illegal, or downright immoral stuff I usually do in my dreams? I fly everywhere, fer crissakes. I’ve even taught my dog to fly because I couldn’t bear to leave her behind. I’ve said “F*ck you!” to Freddy Krueger. I talk to dead relatives. I cuddle with Bob Schneider at every opportunity. I get my freak on with random people (including Prince, who I highly recommend), not because this is anywhere near the kind of person I am in real life, but because I CAN. It’s a DREAM. No rules! No consequences! It’s like the best instant gratification subconscious amusement park and bacchanalia ever!
But, by God, I spit that bite of sweet dessert out. I am officially indoctrinated.
What did I eat?
- Savory breakfast casserole from PaleOMG (this was killer…I used more sweet potatoes, and added a bunch of broccoli)
- Black coffee
- Nothing…we ate breakfast late.
- Few sips of a sample smoothie by the Vitamix guy at Whole Foods. I watched him make it. It had strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, banana, spinach and ice in it. It was delicious, but there’s no way I’m spending $450 on a blender.
- Bottle of organic carrot juice from Trader Joe’s (shared with my daughter)
- Few plantain chips from Trader Joe’s — what a great snack option!
- Green chile pork chops from the Whole30 book (hubby made)
- Sauteed spinach with vinegar and slivered almonds (ditto)
- Bunch of cashews as a “watching TV” snack. I guess we were both still hungry…
How did I feel?
You’re going to get sick of me saying how great I felt, aren’t you? Well, I felt great. Other than being soooper tired in the morning, which I attribute more to that my daughter woke up at 5:30 and I probably could’ve slept for another hour or so, it was a good day. It floored me that I was able to go without lunch without being desperately hungry. Not sure I want to make a habit of that, but, hey, it worked yesterday.
Also: stepped on the scale this morning (yes, I know I’m not supposed to). Down five pounds. BOOM. Let’s see what Week 2 brings!